To all families, staff and students of Heritage College, welcome to Term 2 as all classes return on Wednesday 24 April. We trust you had a relaxing break with your loved ones during the Easter holiday season.
Term 2 heralds the time of year where the hottest part of the year is behind us, Daylight Savings has officially finished and the days gradually get cooler and shorter leading into winter. The college uniform requirements also change in Term 2, from wearing summer to winter uniform. As the days towards the end of April get cooler, all students will be expected to wear winter uniforms from Week 3 of the term. If you are unsure of the winter uniform requirements, please review the student handbook which provides an overview of the items required.
A change of season also brings different activities as the cooler weather takes place of the warmer. We look forward to what lies ahead for us as a college community this term, with campus and inter-school sporting championships, as well as special days to commemorate:
- ANZAC Day (Week 1)
- Heritage College Basketball Academy Skills Sessions (Weeks 2-9)
- Secondary Inter-House Cross Country Carnival (Week 2)
- Primary Inter-House Cross Country Carnival (Week 2)
- Primary ASV & SSV Inter-school Cross Country Carnivals (Week 3)
- Year 9 Survivor Camp (Week 3)
- SEISS Year 11/12 Basketball (Week 3)
- Celebrating Mother’s Day (Weeks 3 & 4)
- NAPLAN – Years 3, 5, 7 & 9 (Week 4)
- Year 6 Canberra Tour (Week 4)
- SEISS Year 10 Basketball (Week 4)
- SEISS Inter-school Cross Country Carnival (Week 5)
- SEISS Year 9 Basketball (Week 6)
- ‘Step Up to High School’ Year 6 Information Evening (Week 6)
- School Photos (Week 7)
- Multicultural Day OC (Week 8)
- Year 10 Work Experience (Week 9)
- Numeracy Week – NWS Campus (Week 9)
- SEISS Year 8 Basketball (Week 9)
- SEISS Year 7 Basketball (Week 10)
- Numeracy Week – Officer Campus Primary (Week 10)
These events are just a snapshot of what is happening on campus this term. Events can be found on the school calendar, available on the Calendar page.
As ANZAC Day falls on the first week of term, a special assembly at each campus will take place from 9am Wednesday. The Ode will be recited and the national anthems for both Australia and New Zealand will be sung. Download the program that contains the lyrics for all here. In keeping with tradition, School Captains and families will join the Heritage College Leadership Team in laying wreaths at ANZAC Day Services in the community on the morning of Thursday 25th April. We meet at the two public ANZAC Day services, and all families from the college are invited to join us for this moving occasion. An earlier service is attended at Officer, with a later service attended at Berwick.
- ANZAC DAY DAWN SERVICE AT OFFICER
Officer campus school captains, families and members of staff will meet at the Memorial Gates (corner of Starling Road and Princes Highway, Officer) at 5:45am. We will then join other community members and organisations in paying our respects by laying a wreath on behalf of the college community. There will be a brief service to occur from 6am onwards.
- ANZAC DAY MORNING SERVICE AT BERWICK
Narre Warren South campus school captains, families and members of staff attend the Berwick ANZAC Day Service at the Cenotaph (bottom end of High Street, Berwick). We meet at 10:30am for registering our wreath, followed by the formal ceremony from 11:00am.
While these solemn events mark a reflective start to this term, we look forward to many adventurous learning opportunities that result in personal growth for each member of our campus community.