Heritage College is a Christian School that strives to provide our children with a learning environment that is fundamentally built on exploration, discovery, imagination and creativity, all underpinned with our core values of Excellence, Resilience, Respect, and Service.
Our aim is to develop the whole child, with a focus on each child’s social and emotional development. We aim to achieve this by providing children with opportunities to engage in the natural environment, bringing about a whole new world of learning opportunities. These hands on experiences with water, dirt, rocks and logs will allow children to exercise their imagination and foster creativity, as well as developing each child’s sense of self and how they fit into the world around them.
Through our Nature Based Learning Program, we aim to develop children who understand and take ‘calculated risks’; where they follow the learning path through curiosity led experience, to conceptual understanding.
We also believe that strong connections between the early learning centre, school, family and community are integral to your child’s learning and development. We welcome and encourage parent involvement and actively promote and value that connection.
The environment of our centre provides children, families, staff and visitors:
- A stimulating and visually enticing learning environment
- A place where each child’s individual needs and backgrounds are accepted
- A place that values the safety and health of everyone
- An environment that encourages parent contribution
- A supportive space for all children to feel included
- Facilities that cater for a diverse range of needs
The programs that will run at our centre will be built around the needs of the children and will:
- Respond to the individual needs of children and be developmentally appropriate
- Be accessible to parents
- Demonstrate respect for the diversity of cultures, backgrounds and additional needs of all children
- Offer a variety of challenging and engaging experiences for children to choose from
- Promote the well being and positive development of self-esteem in children
- Provide opportunities for children to develop effective communication skills
- Encourage children to contribute to and engage with the world around them