Heritage College provides every child with a learning environment that focuses on exploration, discovery, imagination and creativity, underpinned with our core values of Excellence, Resilience, Respect, and Service.
Our aim is to develop the whole child by providing opportunities to engage in a variety of learning opportunities using the natural environment. Hands-on experiences with water, dirt, rocks and logs allow children to exercise their imagination and foster creativity, and develop each child’s sense of self and how they fit into the world around them.
Through our Nature Based Learning Program, we aim to develop children who understand and take ‘calculated risks’; where they follow the learning path through curiosity led experience, to conceptual understanding.
We also believe that strong connections between the early learning centre, school, family and community are integral to your child’s learning and development. We welcome and encourage parent involvement and actively promote and value that connection.
The environment of our centre provides children, families, staff and visitors:
- A stimulating and visually enticing learning environment
- A place where each child’s individual needs and backgrounds are accepted
- A place that values the safety and health of everyone
- An environment that encourages parent contribution
- A supportive space for all children to feel included
- Facilities that cater for a diverse range of needs
The programs that will run at our centre will be built around the needs of the children and will:
- Respond to the individual needs of children and be developmentally appropriate
- Be accessible to parents
- Demonstrate respect for the diversity of cultures, backgrounds and additional needs of all children
- Offer a variety of challenging and engaging experiences for children to choose from
- Promote the well being and positive development of self-esteem in children
- Provide opportunities for children to develop effective communication skills
- Encourage children to contribute to and engage with the world around them
Ready find out more?
Contact Heritage College to book a tour of the Early Learning Centre facility where you can meet the educators and explore the learning spaces.